Friday, September 13, 2013

And then this happened. 



Last week, after buying a multitude more bananas than we could possibly consume, our little fruits began to (understandably) over-ripen. But when life gives you over-ripe bananas, people, you just make banana bread.

I took out one of my favorite-est books ever, Dorie Greenspan's Baking: From My Home to Yours, and traced my finger along the index until I came to "banana." After it lead me to page 232 and I saw the picture there waiting, I knew what was going to happen. Black-And-White Banana Loaf. That's what was going to happen.



Dorie's recipe was extremely simple and, because of the marbling factor, downright fun! Basically, one splits up the banana batter into two bowls and adds chocolate to one section while keeping the other as is. Then, we dollop interchanging spoonfuls of each batter into our pans, finishing by running a knife in a zig-zag pattern through the batter. About an hour and a half later (yep, it bakes for quite a bit of time, and yep, it was extremely hard to let it finish baking), we open our oven and behold a gorgeous, successfully marbled loaf. Pour yourself some strong, dark roast coffee or piping hot perfumed tea, and enjoy. Let me just say, I had the breakfast of a queen the following three mornings.


No comments:

Post a Comment