ahh, october. nothing like pumpkin spice lattes, crisp air, shades of red! orange! yellow!gone are the summer days as we eagerly embrace fall with open outstretched arms ... okay, just me then?
to those who have the summer blues, here's a little recipe that might help you get over your unnecessary depression.
1. invite tes amis over. if they refuse, bribe them with baking pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls (they will usually come when they hear this)
2. prepare your ingredients. follow instructions. don't get distracted.
*side note: don't forget to take pictures of your process - obvi this is your top priority
3. while preparing your delicious soon to be ooey gooey pumpkin cinnamon rolls, plug your ipod/iphone/laptop to your speakers and blast some classic '50s and '60s soul music
personal fav: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQRIOKvR2WM
4. break out into a dance party
5. remember to keep track of time ....
6. migrate out of the kitchen and into the living room. pop in a classy movie. and by classy, i mean classy: The Young Victoria. grab the drink of your choice as you indulge in your freshly baked treat (our preference? earl grey tea brewed to perfection).
7. proceed to swoon over prince albert.
8. snap back to reality (oh there goes gravity) - rap enthusiasts anyone?!
9. look at your pile of assignments and papers you were supposed to do instead of watching the movie. ignore the sinking feeling in your stomach. bring out a game to play instead
10. play apples to apples and call it a day