Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hello World!

Well, hello bloggers of the world! We've been gone for about a bazillion years. But hey-life has been happening :)

So first things, first. I am getting married. In about t-minus 4 months. LIKE WHAT.
Yeah craziness. And an excuse for the lack of blogging (?). hehe.

But onto more important things. Today, I got a TERRIBLE craving for dumplings. Like pork and beef and chicken and lamb and any other kind of meat you can think of-dumplings. I then proceeded to recall my first (slightly hilarious) go at making them. I captured the process for you all:

1. Like all good dumpling-makers, I assembled my meats. I went untraditional and added some red peppers and corn, but all is well that ends well. This, indeed, ends well.





2. Next, I placed about 1 1/2 teaspoons of filling on my little dough circles. They are adorable baby bundles, but beware of trying to place too much meat on each one. That, my friends, will not end well.




3. As you can see below, I succumbed to the over-meating temptation. The result is a dumpling that 
is bursting at the seams. 




But, keeping my spirits up, I heated  a splash of oil in my pan and arrayed les bundles in a beautiful fan-like shape. 




I then browned them on both sides before letting them finish cooking completely. I do not have an end photo, however, as I was WAY TOO excited to eat them the very minute they were ready.






The moral of this story is that when you have a dumpling craving, you must give in. Take the time to make these little bites of joy. I promise you that your winters will never be the same. This is coming from a girl who currently lives in Montreal, Canada. As in, last week it was -30 Celsius. You can trust me, my friends. 



Hope you have a lovely, cozy week bloggers :)

xx Coco

No comments:

Post a Comment