Saturday, June 2, 2012

Down the shore

Checking in from the Jersey Shore! Not with Snookie & Co., actually, just with my own (not so) lil fam. We are having a reunion with more of my family members down here. Watching sunsets on the rooftop, sharing my morning toast and jam with my baby cousins, running in and out of the Atlantic waters, and eating late dins of clams and pasta and garlic bread has been life as of late.

And this deliciousness is summer to me.

Today, after a long morning at the beach, we grabbed lunch at a local motel called The Shell. To say my family and The Shell have history is an understatement. My youngest memories of the beach are firstly,  digging for sand crabs at the shoreline with my Dad. But a close second, would be of summer afternoons at The Shell. My family has been coming to this classic shore dive for my entire life. The patio and pool are supposed to be reserved for customers only, but in the entire 21 years I have been living, we have only stayed at the actual motel twice. Management does not, and never has, minded what, when, or who shuffled in. Think live music bands playing Van Morrison covers, Coronas and margaritas covering wooden and plastic tables, and always for this girl, an order of the chicken tenders with curly fries. Ah, I love you Shell. You semi-dingey dive, you will forever remind me of summer.

I have been in full relaxation and baby cousin cuddling mode so I haven't snapped many pics down here, unfortunately. But! Here are some comical pics from my fam's trip to the city a few days ago.


Laday libertay!


Wall Street and my bro, being...a bro.


A hilarious capturing of my cousin's dragon face and then classic subsequent snicker.


        

        This is the view from the ferry from lower Manhattan back to Jersey. Looking out over the Hudson Bay at dusk is another delicious, cherished summer moment.




Hope your summers are off to an equally lovely start.

à trés bientôt!
coco xx

No comments:

Post a Comment